Monday, October 8, 2007

Schedule Change

We had a schedule change, even though both Unions have it in the CBA that they cannot change during the semester. I'm fortunate. My schedule didn't change at all. Everyone else's did except the day people.

Instead of being open from 9-8 on Friday, they are open 9-5 on Friday, and instead of 9-5 on Saturday, it's noon to 5 on Saturday and Saturday rotates. MRD, and RD now work 2-10 Sun-Thurs. RP works 12-8 Mon-Thurs, 9-5 Friday, and Mark's was changed on Friday from 12-8 to 9-5. TD got the worst deal - she works 4-12 Mon-Thu, 9-5 Fri and is in the rotation for Sat. The regulars from days on Saturday are SH, SW, GS, BY, and BC. To that line up, they added TD, RP, and Mark. PS, RB, CL, and CG were all excluded due to some "Grandfather clause" Why is Mark included in the Saturday rotation if they were "grandfathered in" due to their length of service? Mark has been here longer. He wasn't given a chance to choose; he was just told to do it. I don't think it's right. If he's going to have to do it, then so should everyone else. I don't know if he wants to or if he just doesn't want to complain about it. However, TD and SH have both asked me about it. I don't want to say anything if he wants to do it. Personally, the only person who should be excluded is RB, and even then, she should have to sub in if needed. If I'm given the opportunity to speak to the Dean, I'm going to bring this up along with other things I've seen.

favoritism

No comments: