Monday, October 8, 2007

FDLC Fiasco

Well, they managed to do it to me again.

GS and the Dean met, did not include RB who was on vacation. It was suggested by the Dean that I go with Mark to reduce the costs of the FDLC (Federal Depository Library Conference) 15 Oct to 17 Oct. I was asked after the decision was made. Then when I did my paperwork RB and BC refused to sign them even though SH and MRD did. RD was to be on vacation the Sunday I was to leave.

I asked Mark what to do with the paperwork for the costs, and he told me to put them into the Dean's mailbox, so I did. He signed them, and the leave papers and gave them to RB in a meeting so that she had no choice but to sign. Suddenly BC could sign too. However, RB wanted to have all the expenses itemized, which no one had heard of before. So I did that, and when I returned them to RB, with BC in her office, I was asked what the conference had to do with my job, and why couldn't Mark go alone.

Within a day or so, Mark was told that the budget didn't allow for the conference. He told me but RB didn't tell me until over a week later. Strangely enough, we ran into Ron that weekend, and he was set to go to a meeting in Baltimore that the budget was suddenly able to afford. MRD said that the money came from some place else, but it came from the professional development money.

I know this was in retaliation for me going to RB about BC's treatment of me, so I know that they are trying to figure out a way to get me to leave.

However, I didn't find out until today that MRD had her finger in the pie as well. According to SH, MRD questioned why Mark couldn't go alone, as well. So much for her being my friend. She was the one who put forth this new schedule change; but that's another post.

No comments: